We know parents and caregivers are crucial to providing our students with the best possible education. We've seen–and research shows–that when families and communities are involved in their children’s education, students attend school more regularly, stay in school longer, and perform at higher levels.
NSEA IS HERE FOR YOU
Families: we see how many responsibilities you have, how you support your children, how you extend yourselves further to help our educators do their jobs. We're here to support you, too.
Educating young people is a partnership between administrators, teachers, education support professionals, students, families, and the community. You can make a difference wherever you are. Join us at home, in your community, or at the state or national level. Ways to get started include:
- following the latest NSEA education news
- partnering with us on improving schools under ESSA (the Every Student Succeeds Act)
- gaining insight into communicating and collaborating with educators
- writing your state government officials
- telling Congress to fully fund public education and support the HEROES act