NSEA-SP provides opportunities for students pursuing education degrees to address the broader aspects of education, such as educational reform efforts, technological advances, governmental policies, and social and philosophical issues.
We give you the extra preparation, knowledge, and security you need to enable you to get and keep that job. You help us make the difference in the field of education.
Yearly dues are nominal because we know most students have limited resources. AND, when you become an active teaching member of NSEA/NEA, you can apply for a rebate of part of your student dues. Obviously, we want you to become part of the united education profession.
To take advantage of the NSEA Student Program and services, contact an NSEA-SP representative on your campus for membership information. If you do not know your campus representative, call NSEA at 800-232-6732, ext. 3015.
Local Chapters serve as support networks. Local chapters can often provide assistance with securing a job as well as advising members on trainings and other tools available. Chapters also serve as a forum for networking with current professional educators.
The NSEA Student Program/Aspiring Educators represents members on campuses throughout Nevada. It is led by student members who provide services and representation within the NSEA.
The National Education Association Student Program (NEA-SP) is the largest united student voice in the nation. NEA-SP also provides student members with publications, services, and representation.
By joining together with hundreds of NSEA members and more than 3.2 million NEA members, we can truly improve the profession.
We Represent You!
- On the NSEA Board of Directors
- Through advertising and promoting public education via television and radio ad campaigns
- In the legislative chambers both in Carson City and Washington, D.C.
We Keep You Informed!
NSEA Student members receive:
- NSEA Perspectives – the statewide, professional newsletter
- NEA Today – the national professional newspaper
- Tomorrow’s Teachers publications
- Opportunities to meet students from other universities around the state.
We Protect You!
- One million dollar liability insurance and legal protection when you work with students as part of your preparation to become a teacher.
- Low rates on auto, homeowners/renters, and life insurance.
- Investment opportunities to secure your future.
How Do I Join?
Click here or call 800-232-6732, ext. 3015
When Can I Join?
Membership runs from Sept. 1 - Aug. 31. Signing up anytime within these dates is acceptable in order to be represented for the current year. You will have to sign-up every year to continue membership.
New and returning members can also sign-up early through early enrollment. This allows new members to have all the benefits for 16 months rather than 12 months beginning April 1.
- Key job contacts
- Salary schedule information
- Workshops and conferences
You are eligible for discounts on special services like entertainment, computers, books, magazines, travel, and merchandise through our exclusive NEA Member Benefits program.
You’ve Chosen a Noble Profession
Now let us help you as you pursue your career and acquire your very own classroom. Join hundreds of other education students in Nevada who are pursuing the same career path!
Nevada State Education Association
1890 Donald Street
Reno, NV 89502
3511 E. Harmon Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89121