What are Early Career Learning Labs (ECLL)?
The ECLL's are a blended learning environment meant to support Early Career Educators (ECEs) around instructional and classroom problems of practice. During the 2018-2019 school year, 40 affiliates participated in ECLL.
What does the ECLL learning cycle look like?
- Discover: ECEs identify an instructional problem of practice and social-emotional challenges.
- Engage: ECEs engage in a group process to refine problem of practice and build community.
- Learn: ECEs learn strategies to address problem of practice and social-emotional challenges.
- Teach: ECEs apply new knowledge techniques with students.
- Reflect: ECEs share experiences, refine teaching strategies and build community.
What are the program goals?
- Inspire, engage, and retain ECEs through personalized professional and social emotional supports.
- Provide learning communities to foster collaboration, develop reflective practices, enhance student learning, and build relationships.
- Increase the value proposition of membership for ECEs and empower them with personal experiences of how the union supports their professional growth
- Build the capacity of the local affiliate to engage members around professional learning by developing local professional practice and association leaders to mentor ECEs.
- Early Career Educators develop and improve on a problem of practice based on student needs to improve student learning.
How does a local affiliate apply?
- Local affiliates must complete the following application
- Completing this application does not guarantee that your local will be accepted as an ECLL site. Please complete all parts of the application with as much information as possible. We highly recommend viewing ECLL resources before applying
Upcoming Information Webinar & Resources:
Educators in years 0-7 are invited to join us for Early Career Learning Labs. This group provides individualized coaching to provide a safety net of support for educators. We meet virtually for 8 weeks and earn credits or renewal credit. Click here to register (registration closes September 15, 2021).
NSEA Early Career Learning Labs Contact
NEA Early Career Learning Labs Contact